Appearance simulation of 3D prints on displays
Host Institution: NTNU
- Jon Yngve Hardeberg (NTNU)
- Yoav Bressler (STRAT)
- Philipp Urban (FHG)
- Jean-Baptiste Thomas (NTNU)
Combine knowledge from computer graphics, vision, and imaging to define new methods for providing accurate visual previews of 2.5D and 3D printed material appearance.
- Identify major physical and perceptual attributes that correlate to the visual appearance of printed surfaces.
- Address specifically surface roughness and the appearance of gloss, in conjunction with colour.
- Develop enabling technologies and methodologies for visualization of material appearance.
- Evaluate quality of developed technologies and methodologies using human observers and appropriate statistical methods.