Country of Origin: Croatia/BiH
Host Institution: FOGRA
Donatela has a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree in Graphic Technology from the University of Zagreb, Croatia. She was always interested in the field of image processing and color reproduction. She also worked on several research projects in the Department for Printing during her studies at the Faculty of Graphic Arts. In 2019 she was awarded with the Rectors award for her research paper “Efficiency of achromatic reproduction on black printing surface applying white UV LED inkjet color”.
Aspirations within projects:
Working at Fogra she wants to improve her knowledge and skills in print quality management. Practice would allow her to achieve the goal of creating a workflow to represent the characteristics of glossy materials and to exchange gloss data for different printers used in the industry. In this way, the data management for glossy surfaces would be simplified.
ESR10: Implementation of gloss in the 5-channel appearance space within a colour-managed workflow
- Andreas Kraushaar (FOGRA)
- Determination of visually significant parameters and dimensions for the gloss of a surface
- Creation of virtual reference materials using the extracted gloss parameters and establishment of an appropriate measurement method
- Dimension reduction of the gloss parameters to a scalar G, which is perceptually uniform
- Implementation of the 5-channel appearance space within a colour – managed workflow
Saric, D., A. Kraushaar, M. Mattuschka, P Green (2021). Benchmarking modern gloss correlators with established ISO 2813 standard and visual judgment of gloss. 29th Color and Imaging Conference Final Program and Proceedings, pp. 306-310(5). Society for Imaging Science and Technology. https://doi.org/10.2352/issn.2169-2629.2021.29.306
Trujillo Vazquez, A., D. Šarić, S. Klein, C. Parraman (2021). Influence of procedural noise on the glossiness of 2.5D printed patches. 29th Color and Imaging Conference Final Program and Proceedings, pp. 105-110(6). Society for Imaging Science and Technology. https://doi.org/10.2352/issn.2169-2629.2021.29.105