Country of Origin: Italy
Host Institution: DTU
BSc in Aerospace Engineering in 2016 and MSc in Materials Engineering and Material Science in 2018 both at University of Padova, Italy. Riccardo carried out his master studies after a six period internship at EMPA (Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology) where he worked at the Laboratory for High Performance Ceramics and on the thesis by following a paper “Fused deposition modelling of mullite structures from a preceramic polymer and <gamma> alumina”. Before diving into this fantastic adventure he was a Supply Chain consultant.
Aspirations within projects:
Riccardo wants to be an expert in 3D printing and his dream is to become an entrepreneur sooner or later in this field. The aim of the project is to create a continuous print method which outperforms the conventional layer-by-layer method by eliminating the discretization artefacts and he thinks this possibility can give me all the tools he needs and even more to reach his goals
ESR15: Practical applications of 3D-printing system for creating novel surfaces
- Jeppe Revall Frisvad (DTU)
Combine knowledge of material reflectance, optics, and industrial post-print surface processing to develop a series of novel surface types for use in industrial and artistic applications.
- Identify array of desired surface types, taking into consideration select desired industrial and/or artistic requirements.
- Establish and characterize print and processing parameters that may be manipulated to arrive at the desired surface types.
- Design system (model, algorithms) for modelling identified parameters to arrive at surface types in accordance with requirements.
- Test system in selecting applications in collaboration with other ESRs (4, 5, 8, 11 and 14) to illustrate potential for increased design freedom-to-operate.
Tonello, R., F. Abedini, D. Bue Pedersen, and J. Revall Frisvad (2022). Fast Impression Painting Using Multi-color Fused Deposition Modeling with a Diamond Hotend. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7118722
Tonello, R., A. Luongo, E. R. Eiriksson, D. B. Pedersen, A. Strandlie and J. R. Frisvad (2019): Use of greyscale voxel values in continuous DLP printing. Poster greyscale.