The aim of this course is to provide students with fundamental knowledge lectures on material science. Skills for ESR – learn about additive manufacturing process, material selection, advantages and limitations.
Practical workshops and lectures will be led by CNAM and will focus disseminating knowledge in:
- Metrology and associated best practises (Dr. Schirmacher, PTB).
- Hands on experience in calibration of monochromators in visible light range at CNAM (Dr. Obein, CNAM).
- Hands on using colour measurement instruments, measurement standardization and interpretation of measurement results (Barbieri, BAEL).
- A full-day programme at OCE (Creteil, Paris) incl. practical demonstrations and presentations on appearance printing using 2.5D and 3D printing
- Seminar on the current state of the art on measurement and control of 2.5D and 3D printing (Dr. Ortiz, OCE).
The course will cover early 2.5D and 3D precedents and demonstrate benchmarks in what are the qualities in contemporary outputs. Invited speakers, tentatively Steve Smiley of Smileycolor, or Jan Morovic of HP will present commercial work on ink development, wide format printing including the printing of gloss, metallic and white inks as used in the packaging industry and in wallpaper printing.